Don’t be intimidated by this unusual ingredient. Cactus can be a versatile and unique addition to your cooking routine. Our canned variety makes it much easier to prepared than the fresh paddles you find at the store. No spines to remove here!
It’s naturally mellow taste makes it ideal for salads, soups or even as a side dish. A simple wash in cold water to remove the brine will do the trick. Then, season as you like! Try tossing in Italian dressing along with fresh tomatoes and red onion for a refreshing summer salad.
Or for a roasted version, cook in grill basket (to prevent slipping through the cracks) or in a cast-iron skillet for the charred flavor. Cactus can often be the star of many vegetarian dishes as well like our Nopalito Tostadas featured below.
- ender Sliced Cactus - Our nopalitos tiernos is a versatile ingredient that goes perfectly in salads, tacos, soups, and more! A great way to add a serving of veggies to any recipe with just a hint of heat.
- Unique Flavor - Adds a delicious, briny taste to any dish due to its flavorful marinade of vinegar, onion, serrano peppers, coriander, sugar, and spices.
- Easy to Prepare These low prep vegetarian "nopalitos" just need a quick rinse in cool water and they're ready to go. Toss with tomatoes, onions and a bit of Italian dressing for a simple summer salad like our Cactus "Nopalito" Salad.
- Made with Special Ingredients - Free of artificial colors or preservatives. A simple combination of tender slices of cactus marinated with onions, peppers, and spices. Kosher.
- Vegetarian and Vegan Friendly - Switch up #TacoTuesday with our Vegetarian Nopalito Tostada recipe. You won't even miss the meat.
Authentic Mexican Ingredients. Tender chopped pear cactus.
These are so convenient to have on hand. Because they are sliced and in a jar. Very spicy and with absolutly right texture, These are super tasty!
I use these on tacos and on pizza. They are good with eggs. It's got pepper and onions included. Lip smacking good. I will purchase this again!